Monday, March 28, 2011

Trash to Models

I have acquired two new members in my family I would like to introduce you to Annie and Betty.


P3270018

Annie, the mannequin on the left, is a girls size 10 and Betty, the mannequin on the right, is a girls size 12. I have found that women shirts fit fine on them as well, as my new members are stacked well-endowed.

A couple months ago I bought my girls new Speedo swim suits at Costco.  They were the only reasonable priced swimsuits that I could find in February and they came on clear plastic models.  (I didn’t take a picture of these but a couple of my past posts you can see the clear model underneath some of the shirts I’ve made.) 
The plastic actually made it to the garbage can and then I started thinking that they would be great to display clothes on. So I went back out to the garbage and I nailed a hole through the neck into the wall, that didn’t last very long, they looked weird on the wall.

Next I thought that if I gave them some color that maybe they would look better when clothed and the contrast on the wall would be better.  I went to the store to buy some spray paint for plastic and found the color called Princess Pink on clearance.  I wasn’t crazy about the name but the color appeared to be more of a flesh color, fine by me.  Of course after I spray painted my ladies I came across another problem, every time I dressed them I had to take them out of the wall and the nail hole slowly became bigger and a crack started to develop in the neck. I was talking to my my friend and she suggested that I fill it with expanding foam, that would make it firmer and solid.I took my friends advice and filled them with expanding foam and put a nice ribbon in so that I could hang it from the ribbon and not have to worry about the nail when I wanted to dress them.  Last week when I was IKEA I found the hooks on clearance for .49 cents, I knew that they would be perfect to hang my ladies from.

P3270025P3270026P3270020

Now my ladies are complete, they are rather exposed right now buy I hope to whip something up soon, say hello to Annie and Betty.  I must say I am very pleased with them as overall cost was under $10 for both of them, not to shabby.

 P3270018

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Need To Increase Your ClickBank Traffic And Commissions?

    Bannerizer made it easy for you to promote ClickBank products by banners, simply go to Bannerizer, and grab the banner codes for your favorite ClickBank products or use the Universal ClickBank Banner Rotator to promote all of the available ClickBank products.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...