I FINALLY finished Princess’ Saint Patrick Day Shirt and I must say it was a much bigger headache then it was worth. Overall, I am still happy with how the shirt turned out and I now know what NOT to do. I’m sure I could now replicate this style much easier next time, needless to say there will be NO tutorial for this one but I will give a few explanations on how the shirt actually came together as it once was an adult small Hanes t-shirt and now it fits my size 10 wearing daughter perfectly with just a few alterations.
Being that it was an adult shirt it was to long on Princess I put it on her and marked where it hit her waist and then I cut the fabric. I then revamped the bottom piece and reattached it so that it gave that fun gathered look on the bottom. After that I adjusted the sleeves so that the top would fit the properly and cut the collar off. What I should have done was adjusted the sleeves first and then reattached the bottom, this one little misstep literally cost me hours of time and I nearly threw the whole project out the window.
I then wrote the word lucky and sewed over it a few times with my sewing machine and I put a new trimming around the color and sleeves.
I originally wanted to sew a bunch of flowers on the upper part of the arm but time got the better of me and I just did one rosette and made a penny button to use as the center, I did make sure that the penny I used was the year of her birth 2001, it is the little details that I think really matter. Also, instead of sewing the rosette on I made it attach like a pin so it will make washing the shirt a tad bit easier.
Princess did not like the sleeves but I really liked that puffy look that they feature. Yes, I am the evil mother who makes her girls go outside in 30 degree weather to get a shot of them wearing their shirts. Kitty Kat was thrilled but Princess wouldn’t give me more than one picture.