So here of late my fabric has been well a little out of control. I have yard upon yard of pretty fabric all shoved into three bags and a pile of smaller pieces. My dear husband was well, a little irritated by all of the fabric all over my house (rightfully so I'm sure). So I had a brain storm for a cost effective space saving solution to the problem. Well #1 it had to hang on the wall. #2 it had to be thin and #3 I needed it to be fairly inexpensive. Now for the solution, it cost me a total of $22.50 not counting washers and screws (we had those on hand). Here is the finished product (how to will follow).
Here are the supplies you will need, I bought everything at Lowe's, but I'm sure any hardware store will carry the items needed.
|The dowels are 3/8" x 48" and are $.84 each (I bought 6)|
The brackets where $8.76 each and where 4' tall
|This is the tag from the brackets I bought.|
They had taller and shorter ones.
|This is the dowel size that I used.|
I used the largest diameter that still fit in the hole.
|This is the paint that I used it was about $4/can.|
You will need to use a primer on the bare metal.
I applied two coats of primer and two of paint.
|The only thing left is to hang it.|