Saturday, February 26, 2011

Sseko Designs

After the groundhog announced that Spring was right around the corner (LIAR), I went ahead and ordered these sandals through Sseko Designs.



I had been eyeballing them for quite some time and with the announcement of spring I knew I had to get ready. Sadly, they have been sitting in my closet waiting for the snow to melt.

It might sound weird that these shoes qualify for Giving Saturday but the makers off these shoes are women from Kampala, Uganda. After secondary school is completed there is a 9 month gap so that the students can earn money to go to the University. Women have a harder time finding jobs then men so Sseko Designs only highers women for a short period of time and then they will go off to school and finish their education.

Sseko Designs is a not-just-for-profit enterprise and the goal is to provide university tuition for young women and help with the overall economic development of Uganda. They have a lot of great programs so that you can help. You can become an ambassador, an intern, you can host a party, or you can simple go and buy a pair of shoes.

I bought the shoes and I must admit that they don't look like much but these shoes are the coolest sandals I have ever owned. Check out the video below to see how amazing these shoes really are.



This is the first of many videos that are out there. With one simple change of my strap or even the design I have hundreds of different shoes with just one shoe. I am so excited for spring and when I can wear these on a daily basis and it is nice to know that these shoes help women further their education. I LOVE my new shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...