Saturday, February 5, 2011

Last Day For Auction

For this giving Saturday I just wanted to give you all a reminder that today the Chase auction is ending so make sure to check it out and that you are getting everything that you have bid on.

Team Chase: 4 and Counting

I love charitable auctions because you give money to a project that really needs is and you can get something in return. I know it sounds awful but more people are willing to donate if they get something in return.

While visiting the Team Chase website I noticed that they have another fundraiser going on where you can go to Just Love Coffee and for every bag purchased they get $5. I recently became a full time coffee drinker and received my first 2 bags of coffee in the mail (I'm on a plan where they will ship me coffee every other month). I ordered the flavors Ethiopia and Valentine blend. Seriously, DELICIOUS! I must admit that I was reluctant to check it out because I thought the prices would be outrageous and was pleased when I saw they were the same as if I was to buy gourmet coffee at the grocery store.

I love the bags they have a nice little story on them:

Rob Webb knows coffee. When Rob was two years old, his father started Webb's Coffee Service, which blossomed into a full-blown refreshment service supplying businesses in Nashville, TN and the surrounding areas, and is now run by Rob.

Rob Webb knows the adoption process. In the summer of 2008, Rob and his wife Emily were called to adopt from Ethiopia. After much prayer and discussion with their first two children they started their adoption journey in August 2008. During the flurry of paperwork and preparation, Rob & Emily read books not only on adoption in general, but specifically on Ethiopia. Learning that Ethiopia is the birthplace of coffee caught Rob's attention, and after reading about the living conditions and wages of the average coffee farmer, he was compelled to take action. What developed through his reading and his trip to Ethiopia to unite with his daughters was a realization that he could combine his expertise and longstanding desire to roast his own coffees with his desire to help others. Just Love Coffee Roasters was born! Roasting Fair Trade Specialty coffees, Just Love uses proceeds to help an Ethiopian orphanage and families adopting not just from Ethiopia, but from anywhere in the world.

If you drink coffee I recommend you check out there website. It is nice to think that I don't have to worry about running out of coffee because is will show up like clock work in my mail, freshly ground, and that I can change my flavors and ordering options whenever I please.

Happy Giving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...